I have many things to say today. Like, yesterday, I forgot to post - and yesterday was a monumental day - in that I ran 9.18 km - yup - nbd. I think I immediately came home and lay on the couch and had a big sleep - but I did indeed run it - no stopping - no whining - no - I'll just walk this little bit here - and go back to running. (As I was focused on the running thing - no pictures were taken - even though their was picture worthy graffitti on one power pole that I ran past - twice). The second thing I want to say is that I did not take this picture today. I get all "tense" with myself, if the picture doesn't happen on the day - because as I work with this - this is about celebrating the small things - in any given day - that I can celebrate - and this picture was actually taken on Saturday. Now, about the irises - they bring me joy - each year, when they bloom. First, of course irises bring joy - look at them - what is not to love? The joy with these particular irises - is their color - they are purple. I bought these irises, by their name, with the expectation that they would be red - like the color of my house - red - not purple - clashing with the color of my house. Their name - "Berry Red Bearded Iris" and if you could see the picture - from when I bought them - RED! Yet, when they bloomed - PURPLE - I loved them - I loved that they were messed up - by me, by the greenhouse - whatever. These blooms peaked out on Friday - and were in full bloom Saturday - and it was crazy beautiful warm on Saturday and Sunday and so - they have bloomed - and been magnificent - on a very quick timetable - which is so fleeting - that it sometimes make me wonder about blooms - yet, I did smile - at the purpleness of it.Monday, June 1, 2009
Irises
I have many things to say today. Like, yesterday, I forgot to post - and yesterday was a monumental day - in that I ran 9.18 km - yup - nbd. I think I immediately came home and lay on the couch and had a big sleep - but I did indeed run it - no stopping - no whining - no - I'll just walk this little bit here - and go back to running. (As I was focused on the running thing - no pictures were taken - even though their was picture worthy graffitti on one power pole that I ran past - twice). The second thing I want to say is that I did not take this picture today. I get all "tense" with myself, if the picture doesn't happen on the day - because as I work with this - this is about celebrating the small things - in any given day - that I can celebrate - and this picture was actually taken on Saturday. Now, about the irises - they bring me joy - each year, when they bloom. First, of course irises bring joy - look at them - what is not to love? The joy with these particular irises - is their color - they are purple. I bought these irises, by their name, with the expectation that they would be red - like the color of my house - red - not purple - clashing with the color of my house. Their name - "Berry Red Bearded Iris" and if you could see the picture - from when I bought them - RED! Yet, when they bloomed - PURPLE - I loved them - I loved that they were messed up - by me, by the greenhouse - whatever. These blooms peaked out on Friday - and were in full bloom Saturday - and it was crazy beautiful warm on Saturday and Sunday and so - they have bloomed - and been magnificent - on a very quick timetable - which is so fleeting - that it sometimes make me wonder about blooms - yet, I did smile - at the purpleness of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment